Social Media Bookmarking...Who Knew?

While I am NOT a social media novice, I surely AM NOT a Guru and I'm learning about the nuances of Social Bookmarking, someone had to aggregate and organize like-minded thoughts together (I'm just honestly glad it wasn't me!).

The idea behind social bookmarking is to simply promote one's website, events, brand and help drive search engine traffic.  I found all the bookmarking sites pretty daunting myself, but in the tediousness of it all I appreciate the end result, the ease which exists in me finding anything I want or need information on exists because of the work others have taken in organizing ideas.  One of my favorite social media bookmarking sites is Pinterest, because its' search engine has never disappointed me when I am looking for ideas, I have pins and lookbooks for ideas from natural hair care and styles, to fashion, and even dream home ideas (one of my neighbors designed her entire custom built home based on ideas she pulled together and presented to her builder for her dream home).

From an educational platform social bookmarking takes the guess work out of what is needed for educators and students alike and while I am appreciative of the work others did I will find myself gaining new knowledge and a higher comfort level of utilizing some of the other sites in the coming weeks, months, and years so I will in fact someday soon be a Guru myself.

Additional videos on this highly complex topic see the following YouTube video linked here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma7fR-azpsI

Comments

Popular Posts