Hmmmm....Blogging Actual Presence and Pseudonymous Authorship

Visual Presence or Function as a ghost when blogging and having an intentional web presence.  So I read two very interesting articles one by my professor Trajectories, norms, and activities in a community of practice and Lowenthal, Dunlap, and Stitson's article  Creating an Intentional Web Presence: Strategies for Every Educational Technology Professional.  While the two articles had completely different themes, the thing that stuck out to me from both what web presence.  I have never really given much thought to being anonymous for one on social media not even when thinking about blogging or even blogging for this class.

I also had not given much thought to what my online digital footprint looked like and quite frankly fell more into the category of the passive digital footprint because I've taken no real steps to craft what I want my professional intentional presence to be.

Both articles for different and similar reasons have me asking myself questions about what I want my blogging experience not just for the purposes of this class but beyond and what I want my professional self to look like and whether or not I really want the two worlds to collide.  In an earlier discussion on the Voicethread I commented on how I never tried to hide anything about myself because I am the same person professionally that I am personally so I have not had issues merging my two worlds together.  I still think my position will remain the same, but I am definitely open to exploring reasons why I might want to reconsider separating the two.  I also think I will be more deliberate in crafting my presence online so passive is not the first thing users see if they Google me.

I am however, more and more excited with each new thought and new perspectives on sharing my thoughts through the Blog forum.

Comments

  1. Years ago one of my favorite blogs was written by a guy who called himself "Mr. Bad Teach". There was no malicious content, but as the guy was a teaching muddling through the profession, it made sense that he might want to keep his identity hidden. When I taught, I used nicknames to hide my identity on social media because I didn't want my students finding me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that is something to really consider I may not want them finding me either, thanks for that!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts