Gaining Traction to Promote Learning in Web 2.0

Thinking about ways to engage audiences to collaborate in learning can be a daunting task, especially from a blog platform when there are so many blogs in the World Wide Web.  What do you do?  How do you share your voice while at the same time not alienating people in such a way that they can't receive the message because they are too busy trying to shake off their feelings, or disconnected from the main idea?   How does one gain the traction they need to impart knowledge and fuel a deeper sense of knowing and sharing that moves perpetually from one being to the next?

Well, I think one way is to believe in your own message, your own voice and build a base one person at a time by sharing and receiving their thoughts too!  For me, I have surrounded myself with doers and thinkers, not highly-emotional people because highly emotional people tend to navigate from a place of pure reaction instead of pro action.

I have learned throughout my short lifespan to meet people where they are and simply be approachable in my message and in my conversation, does it resonate with everyone, of course not (I just said most people tend to be reactionary and knee-jerk), but you can never ignore the power of planting seeds, even the hot-headed people (whether they acknowledge or admit relevance or understanding) you can see a manifestation in actions when a well throughtout, timely, and relevant message/teachable moment is present.  You can tell because it's transformative.

I have gained traction in some of my social media forums (primarily the Facebook platform) and promoted learning by staying true to me but without a condescending or diminishing tone.  I ask questions, in fact I ask a lot of questions and they are the kinds of questions that force people to really think and ask questions and provide commentary themselves and a spectacular and conducive to life and learning exchange of ideas and perspectives are reached, and from that point traction is gained and momentum takes off.


Comments

Popular Posts