Say Yes More Often Than You Say No......Social Media Game Words With Friends

I am normally highly annoyed by the number of game invites I receive through my favorite social media platform Facebook, I admit it I am a Facebook junkie but while I won't download those time consuming games about a year and a half ago I did download "Words With Friends" (WWF) and that game (when I get caught up playing it gives me so much life").

It has something I love, lots and lots of words, it increases ones vocabulary, I love both.  For people who don't know it's an online version of Scrabble and it's awesome, I never played the Scrabble board game but I love, love, love WWF.

The other thing this amazing social media game does beyond learning new words and meanings is it has a chat feature, I have met some amazing people within and outside of my local area playing this game and just chatting it up, I have made new connections, done networking, and developed what will be life-long friendships over a social media game platform based on words.

And you are probably wondering where the educational component is coming from outside of the vocabulary words right?  Well the education is in people, I have met people across various states from different backgrounds and experiences with a completely different and some similar worldviews and its amazing.  I have met people from Africa, Barbados, Jamaica and learning about them and how they think about things and process our political and social climate is amazing to hear and discuss.

People in social media forums tend to be more open in their dialogue than many people I have known and worked with for years and that may be to them feeling no judgment, whatever it is has proven to be a different and valued learning experience and I'm more open to saying yes more often to these connections and discussions for the benefits I've reaped in dialogue and perspective than I am to say no.

Comments

  1. Wow. I shut off all game invites years ago, and I only played Word with Friends in the early days (and then my friends - namely my sister - said they wouldn't play with me any more because I'm good and she accused me of cheating when I wasn't). I had no idea there was a chat feature on there. How interesting that it becomes more than just a game, but also a chance to connect and share about life in general!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts